Worm gear screw jack for jib adjustment
The electromechanical solution for jib adjustment offers key advantages:
• No lowering of the jib when dead thanks to the self-locking mechanism in the worm
gear pairs and screw
• Licensed for passenger transportation thanks to the additional braking action in the
gearbox and screw
• No danger of contamination of moving components thanks to encapsulated design
The worm gear screw jacks are available both for manual and electric operation.
By way of an option, an electric version can also be equipped with a hand wheel
for manual emergency operation.
Equipment and design
• Gearbox encapsulated and with oil bath lubrication
• Motor protection class IP56
• Electrically released spring-operated disc brake for increasing the positioning
• Motor, gearbox and brake equipped with stationary heater to prevent damaging
effects of corrosion and to prolong service lives